Sunday 5 June 2011

I DID IT!! 5km fun run this morning...

So this morning i get up at 6am and get ready to compete in my first ever marathon event, I am doing the BMA Mackay Marina 5km City Fitness Fun Run.
And i wake up with my husbands sore throat that he had kindly passed on during the night, GREAT!
So this, as well as no training for the past 2 weeks because of sickness, i thought i was destined to fail. But i hardened up and kept on going....
Got to the event about an hour early and was a little on the chilly side, but the sun soon came out..
So standing at the start line with my friend Belinda and her friend Julie...omg i was so nervous, but i have no idea why, it was just running and there were hundreds of people i could hide behind, Lol..
At 8:40am finally the start gun goes off.....was at walking pace until you could catch a gap around the walkers and then i spotted the family waiting on the sideline and i jog over to high five them, turn around and i've lost the girls...
But really, i wasn't there to do it with anyone, i was there to do it for myself, so off i jogged...i'm sure they didn't mind either, they went at their own pace!
I spotted another friend Meagan up ahead and gave her a friendly butt slap and some encouragement on the way past, hehe.....
Got to 1km and thought i was doing great, got to 2 km and thought wow i'm gunna die, Lol, but i soildered on...on my own...in my own little world...i was actually enjoying it under the sun and through all the sweat dripping down my face.... And was i ever glad to see the water stand at 3.5km, my throat was so dry because of the air!
Down to the boat ramp i ran, and along the waterfront, 1km to go, this was the home stretch, OMG i was just about to complete a 5km run for the first time in my whole entire life! My friend Jodie who was so awesome and did the 8km earlier on spotted me at about 300 meters from the finish line and jogged with me for about 50m encouraging me on, then pushed me off and said "Go Girl". So that i did, i went for it...
I crossed over the finish line in 36 minutes and 50 seconds, i was super proud of myself, even if no-one else was!        

I HAD DONE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment